• IBS is not all in your head (but it can contribute to brain fog). IBS is not psychological. Anti-depressants are not the answer.
• Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth, or SIBO, is often the root cause of IBS. It can be treated. Yet it is often not addressed.
• Candida, or other fungus and yeast, can also contribute to IBS.
• Diarrhea and constipation are not normal. Neither are bloating, pain and cramping. They are often part of IBS.
There is help for IBS...
By finding and treating the root of the problem.
More Keys to Fixing IBS
It is essential to pay attention to these
• Intestinal motility is a big deal in preventing IBS
• Hypothyroid is a factor in IBS (including Hashimoto's Autoimmune Thyroid)
• IBS, SIBO and Candida can cause the gut to be leaky and allow food sensitivities to increase.
• The intestines is home to much of the immune and nervous system.
Antibiotics, or diet, or supplements?
Sometimes it needs all 3.
As a physician, I have seen many years of patients battling with IBS.
In fact, my own IBS, with most of its many manifestations and no help in sight, was what led me down the path to discovering the functional medicine approach to practicing medicine and treating gut problems.
I spent several years with severe symptoms before I discovered that bacterial overgrowth and immune system and nervous system responses in the gut were some of the prime underlying problems.
The idea of gut bacteria, and gut motility, as being at the root of IBS was something that I certainly did not learn in medical school. Nor did I learn it after I was in practice.
I had to learn it myself by researching and learning about functional medicine. There is no going back. Getting my own IBS under control, with its bacterial and fungal overgrowth, changed my life much for the better.
Getting your IBS, SIBO or Candida under control is my goal for you too.
The key is to normalize the gut bacteria and the whole environment of the gut.
Get Help Now...
To Break Free of your Irritable Bowel
To find out more about Dr. Ann Haiden's clinic and her approach to IBS, or how to schedule an appointment, click below:
Schedule a 15 minute free informational call with Dr. Haiden to help you decide if her approach and clinic are right for you.
Dr. Haiden's practice is in Los Gatos, California. Dr. Haiden does see out of state patients, but all patients must be seen in-person initially.