This powerhouse of a green smoothie has a little probiotic snuck in there with some lactose free kefir with zero added sugar.
A little brazil nut adds selenium to help out the thyroid, and some walnut adds some vegetarian omega 3. A little avocado and coconut takes care of plenty of healthy fats.
Add some spinach and kale for more green goodness and you’re almost there.
Some chia seed and a bit of pineapple and mint rounds it all out.
If you are a fan of maca for a little kick of energy, you can add a little of that in too.
Kefir Green Power Smoothie
Time in Kitchen: 10 minutes
• 1/2 cup lactose free, full fat, unsweetened, plain kefir
• 1 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
• 1/4 cup light or full fat coconut milk
• 2 Brazil nuts
• 2 walnut halves
• 1/2 tsp chia seeds
• 1/4 avocado
• A handful of spinach and kale (about 3/4 – 1 cup combined)
• 3 little wedges of frozen pineapple
• 5-6 mint leaves
• 1 tsp maca powder (optional)
Place all of the ingredients in a blender container and blend on high until smooth. You can add a little water or ice to change the consistency.